Get More Recipes For Your Cookbook Fundraiser
- Create a Facebook page to increase hype, spread awareness, and communicate deadlines.
- Ask influential members of your community to send out an “all-call” for recipes.
- Spread the word through social groups, church, civic organizations or school.
- Solicit recipes from local celebrities in your area.
- Tell potential recipe contributors how this cookbook fundraiser is going to support your cause so they have good reason to donate a recipe.
Once you’ve gotten verbal commitments, you still need to collect! Although many people are willing to contribute a recipe, they don’t always find time to deliver the recipe. You need fool-proof ways to help people follow through and fill your cookbook up with delicious recipes, and that means making it easy for them to do so. Here are a few suggestions:
- Use email, social media, or a friendly phone call to remind contributors about deadlines.
- Actually set deadlines to motivate others.
- Host a potluck wherein guests bring a dish and the recipe for that dish to contribute to your book.
- Use our recipe-entering software, U-Type-It™ Online, to give contributors direct access to your cookbook draft. They can type their recipe in and be done!
If you need help or encouragement with your cookbook fundraiser, see our Guides & Tips page or just give us a call at 1.800.227.7282.